Monday, 6 July 2009

Back from the West....

It was very remiss of me not to mention that I would be on vacation for the last ten days but I'm back now. We've been to Cornwall, somewhere I haven't been to since I was little, and I do mean little!
We had a great time and the weather was near enough perfect, which is quite the statement since the rest of the country has been putting up with a rather oppressive heatwave. There was nothing during our holiday that was dinosaurian, paleontological or geological for that matter although I did do a little light reading to keep my engine ticking over.
Anyway, here is an image of the Cornish headland from Tintagel castle which is, according to legend, the birthplace of King Arthur. It does give you an idea of the sheer beauty of the area and the perfect weather that we had during our time there.
I'll put up another field diary entry soon. Until then, enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment