Tuesday, 21 July 2009

PC Hell

I'm posting from my work computer. Why? Well, since I have had my computer, I have managed all the hardware and software upgrades myself. Indeed, so completely pain free have the procedures been that any problems that arose have been methodically and systematically dealt with. Until now.....
A little while ago, the CD-ROM/writer stopped working, so I took the opportunity to purchase a new DVD-ROM/writer as an upgrade. At first everything went as well as could be expected. Yet again all would be fine. Well not this time.
To cut a long story short, my PC is now undergoing serious surgery by somebody who DOES know what they are doing. Suffice to say that the BIOS is corrupt, the OS needs re-installing etc etc. Why did I bother? I'm not sure that there is a moral to all this but one thing I know for sure - don't get cocky with your computer because when it does bite you the treatment is likely to be expensive! I'll be back soon (I hope).

0 comments:

Post a Comment