Tuesday, 25 August 2009

What I Last Caught.....2


Because of other commitments throughout the year, fishing has taken a bit of a back seat just now. I've only actually managed to get out a couple of times to do some genteel float fishing, as opposed to the rather precision planned carp fishing.

Anyhow, I stayed with relatives on the coast at Walton-on-the-Naze and while there, I took advantage of the situation and had a days fishing on a commercial fishery that I had fished before. Although not the nicest water to fish I did, in fact, have a good day and caught a multitude of species, nothing big, but all very welcome.

The highlight of the day was this glorious looking golden tench - an ornamental version of the common green tench. Although only about a pound in weight, it was the first of this species that I've ever caught and I don't think I've seen a prettier coloured fish. It really is a stunner.

In fact, the day turned out to be one of my happiest days for a long time and I really felt great at the end of it. I hope there are many more to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment