Thursday, 8 July 2010

More on Books!


Well it finally arrived! Like so many of you, I've been eagerly awaiting the publication of New Perspectives on Horned Dinosaurs edited by Ryan, Chinnery-Allgeier and Eberth. This book represents the proceedings of the very successful ceratopsian symposium that was held at the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Alberta.

Now I've only had a quick flick through so far but what a magnificent volume this is. It's big but looks well set out and I'm really looking forward to getting to grips with it. It really is filled with a wealth of data and new material and ten (yes TEN!) new taxa.

At some point I'll publish a review. It won't be as late as the previously reviewed Tyrannosaurus rex volume but it'll take a while to get to. I'm still reading Scott Sampson's Dinosaur Odyssey (review to come) and still have the last issue of the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology to get through, but I'm getting there!

Incidentally, if anyone knows whatever happened to the book that was to be published with the proceedings of the tyrannosaur symposium that was held at the Burpee museum a couple of years back, then please let me know.

2 comments:

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

I heard it has been passed on to another publisher and is in review again (I think). Check with Tom Holtz who knows the low down.

saurian said...

Thanks ReBecca. I'll do just that. Interesting though - will this be the first book to be out of date before it gets published?

Post a Comment